September 24, 2009

T-Mobile Internet Settings for the i9, i68, Sciphone, Hiphone and Other iClones

Need to see this tutorial for AT&T?

Need the settings for countries outside the USA?

Everything is in Chinese? Download and install Opera Mini!

If you purchased one of these iPhone clones (lately coming out in plus and mini versions, like the i9+, the i68+, and the mini i68), then you've probably been frustrated if you've ever tried to access the internet. In this tutorial, I show you how to set up the Internet on your iPhone clone for T-Mobile

Haven't Bought a Fake iPhone Yet? ... Then Don't

Before we get started, let me say that I am not recommending that anyone buy an iPhone clone. They are a lot of trouble because you will get no support at all (except for random articles on the internet like this one). Also, the factories that produce these phones are located in China and do not provide an 800 number to contact them, and they do not have any repair facilities in the United States (so far as I can tell). Therefore, I recommend you buy phones from reputable manufacturers like Nokia, Motorola, Samsung, Sony Ericsson, or Apple -- preferably, buy a phone through your service provider (e.g., T-Mobile).

But if you already have one of these fake iPhones, then I hope this tutorial helps you get your internet working.

Beware of Unexpected Internet Charges

Oh, and one more thing. If you don't know what you're doing, you can end up with a cell phone bill that is several hundred dollars more than you expected. In general, you should be okay as long you don't spend too much time on the Internet, don't watch any videos, look at a lot of pictures, or download more than one or two games games. Still, you shouldn't do much on the Internet unless you're familiar with how it will charge you. You should call your carrier for more information about this.

Okay, Let's Get Started...

Well, to set up the Internet on your i68 or sciphone or whatever, you'll have to do two things: (1) create a GPRS data account, and (2) create and activate a WAP profile.

  1. Create a GPRS Data Account for T-Mobile

  2. Create And Activate a WAP Profile for T-Mobile

And that should be all there is to it. If you live in the United States and if T-Mobile is your cellular service provider, then you should be able to access the Internet now. However, if you have any problems, please check out the troubleshooting section below.

Troubleshooting

  • When I try to connect to the Internet, I get the error message "GPRS Not Subscribed."

    SOLUTION: Click here.

  • When I click on WAP, I get an empty screen or the error message "Please Wait" for few seconds and nothing else.

    SOLUTION: Make sure that you have a SIM card in the phone.

Well, I hope that this tutorial helped somebody out there. Please feel free to leave comments or questions.

26 comments:

  1. the internet worked right away thanx..is there a way to program the i68 to show names instead of numbers when u recieve a text message.. and how do i download pictures that have been sent to me..i keep getting GPRS not subscribed

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you have T-Mobile in the USA, then you can fix the problem with downloading pictures by following the steps in my T-Mobile video for setting up MMS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And, I'm sorry, if there is a way to get it to show names instead of numbers, I do not know what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a F006 (Blackberry 9500 knock off) which is similar to the i68. We can not get the WAP screen to load even though there is a SIM Card in the phone. Is it possible that the phone is looking for second SIM that is not in the phone (only 1 installed). How do you configure the phone to find the SIM that is in it?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, S. Busby.

    I have added a Contact Me page, that provides a special email address for people needing additional assistance with these devices.

    Email me and we'll see what we can do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! This worked wonderful thanks! I do not have internet on my tmobile plan. Will this only charge buy using my phone minutes? How about when the phone is free (off peak & weekends?


    One more thing. Do you know how to delete useless games & applications on this phone? I hold it down till it shakes buy no X appears to remove any of them, and some are in chinese! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi mikeoldirtydog,

    I'm glad it helped. You will need to call t-mobile to find out more about how the internet will charge you. Unfortunately, I am not really familiar with that.

    And, also unfortunately, I don't know how to delete preinstalled apps from these fake iphones.

    Thanks for your comment.

    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Caller id will show names. You must store the number with a 1 in front of the area code. If stored this way it will show the name instaed of number.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks anonymous, for the caller id tip.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks anonymous, for the caller id tip. However, on my device, I have only the 10-digit numbers (without the 1) programmed in my contacts and my caller ID works fine.

    Try it both ways, I guess, but make sure that programming 11-digit numbers into the contacts doesn't prevent outbound calls to those contacts in your local calling area.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, i was able to get the internet on my new phone. Now i just have to figure out how to change the language. Everything is in chinese. And the ipod is full of chinese music.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Websites that offer chinese versions will display in Chinese unless you can find an "in english" link. The only way around this is to download, install, and set up opera mini.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the language on my new i 68 phone is in chinese or something, does anyone know how to fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, I just wanted to say that your videos helped me out so much. Thank you for taking time out of your day to help.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hey do you know how to fix the china internet settings every page is in chinese.can aneyone help me?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey, the tmobile homepage comes on but then I can never visit any other websites.everytime I click on: "go to" it says web server/WAP gateway error ...

    ReplyDelete
  17. ur the best ir worked!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hi i follow the steps for my hi phone and now the net is workin so slow and also alot of my sites comes up in china words

    ReplyDelete
  19. yes, the Internet will be slow when these phones. Also the sites will always come up in Chinese. To correct this you will need to download and install the Opera Mini browser, which is a Java application.

    You can get that here...
    http://www.opera.com/mini/download/generic/basic_midp_1/

    Select the link called "opera-mini-latest-basic-en-us.jar" (not the one that ends in .jad)

    ReplyDelete
  20. oh yeah, give this one to not display in Chinese you'll need to download it to your computer, transfer the jar file to your phone via the USB cable. Then navigate to the file on your phone, click on it, and select the install option.

    ReplyDelete
  21. thank you for helping me with my caller id, if anyone has any apps that they know work and they like please let me know thx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I downloaded the opera mini 3.1 but how do i transfer it to my i9 with the USB cord?

    ReplyDelete
  23. my i68 drops calls and loses signal frequently. I guess i can't be too mad as i only spent 50 on the phone due to the guy not having the part needed to fix my blackberry and i had to wait an extra week...also after going to internet using opera...it times out and blacks out the screen..the only thing that responds is the home button and then i have to start all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  24. by the way i can't change my phone from http to WAP..

    ReplyDelete
  25. I have one sciphone i68+ and i m tmobile user but i m in uk and not usa do you know what i have to do to add internet i did what you show on youtube but don t works on my fone and where you get that ip ?

    ReplyDelete
  26. hi ive got a sciphone i9 and watch your profile of how to sort the internet out and followed your steps. it then said no gprs not subscibed. its an o2 sim card, and i was wondering if different settings as i live in scotland, great britian, i would be really grateful if you could help me as brought it for my 11 year old son. Thanks

    ReplyDelete

If this article helped you somehow, then I'd love to hear about it; so, please leave a comment. Also, feel free to make suggestions. Just keep your comments friendly, don't use cuss words or belittle other people.

Please do not put personal contact information like email addresses or phone numbers in your comments.

Feel free to ask questions, but please understand that I cannot usually personally respond to them. Also understand that I sometimes take days, weeks, or even months to come round and approve the comments (much less respond to them). So, you may have to check back frequently. Sorry. It's just too much effort to try to help everyone that visits this site now.

If I notice a trend in the questions, I may make a post to respond to all questions of the same type.

Thanks.